Goal: Develop a PowerPoint presentation on a cardiovascular/pulmonary disorder/disease discussed in the McCance text.
The presentation must provide information about the incidence, prevalence, and pathophysiology of the disease/disorder to the cellular level. The presentation must educate advanced practice nurses on assessment and care/treatment, including genetics/genomics—specific for this disorder. Patient education for management, cultural, and spiritual considerations for care must also be addressed. The presentation must specifically address how the disease/disorder affects 1 of the following age groups: infant/child, adult, or elderly.
- Presentation is original work and logically organized.
- Followed APA format including citation of references.
- Power point presentation with 10-12 slides were clear and easy to read. Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides. excluding presentation page and reference.
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
- Select a cardiovascular or pulmonary disorder.
- Provide information about the incidence, prevalence, and pathophysiology of the disease/disorder to the cellular level.
- Educate advanced practice nurses on assessment and care/treatment, including genetics/genomics—specific for this disorder.
- Provide patient education for management, cultural, and spiritual considerations for care must also be addressed.
- Must specifically address how the disease/disorder affects 1 of the following age groups: infant/child, adult, or elderly.
Please put enough information on the slides to allow me to understand what you are explaining. Do not over-simplify the slides. Use footnotes for additional explanation.
(Define the disease)
Can put intext citation at the bottom left of each slide if all the information is from the same source.
1 in every 100 persons affected (Brown, 2020). Use footnotes that is the white space at the bottom of each slide if you have more to say but it can’t hold on the slide. Watch YouTube video how to open the footnote.
100,000 in USA and one million worldwide (Crow , 2020). Do not overcrowd slides. If one slide is full but you are still on the same heading, open another slide and give it the same name (Do not put cntd). You can have multiple reference list slide. Pay attention to the date range of the scholarly source the assignment asked for. You cannot have a reference list if you did not have intext citation, they work together. Use only black and proper size font, Times new Romans. Do not use too much graphics on slides that obscure the writing.
Explain pathophys of how the disease occur
Cellular Level (This is a part of pathophys and can go on the next slide) Can use picture but give credit to source at the bottom of the slide. Also give explanation of what is happening in the picture.
Explains what happen to the cells during this disease process
Assessment- This dx signs & Symptoms, diagnostic tests, how to assess, eg, Diabetes (glucose testing, A1c)
Management- Medication, lifestyle changes etc
Genetic/genome- Discuss genes associated with the disease
Management- Diet and exercise, medication, F/U care
Culture- Discuss cultural impact on dx. eg, Native Americans and Hispanic higher incidence